Add a whimsical and magical touch to your bathroom
Personally I love dragonflies, they are so graceful and pretty that it is no wonder I thought of decorating a bathroom with dragonflies. Whether you are designing a new bathroom from scratch or adding to an existing one, you will find some great ideas here of where to buy dragonfly bathroom decor.
Creative Bath Delicate Bathroom Set
Creative Bath Products Dragonfly Jacquard Bath TowelCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Flies Embroidered Fabric Shower CurtainCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Lotion DispenserCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Shower Curtain Hooks-12 countCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Bath Throw Rug, BrownCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Soap DishCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Jacquard Wash ClothCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Waste BasketCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Hand TowelCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Toothbrush HolderDragonfly Bath Accessory, TumblerCreative Bath Products Dragonfly Tissue Cover
Using Bathroom Tile to Decorate Your Bathroom
Tiles are a great way to introduce not only your theme but your color scheme too. In natural dragonflies are many colors, their wings even look like rainbows in some lights – so you have plenty of options available for a base color. Add to that the designers flare and you are spoiled for choice.
Dragonfly by Paul BrentWater Lilies & Dragonflies by Kathleen Parr McKennaLarge Aqua Floral with Dragonflies n Butterflies Ceramic Tile, 4-InchSusan Jablon Mosaics – Flying Dragonflies Mosaic Tile Design
Setting the Mood
Dragonflies in your decor can set the mood of a room. Because they are thought of as whimsical and fleeting, decorating with dragonflies can give a room a magical feeling. This works well as a child’s bedroom or playroom area.
On the other hand, you can also use a dragonfly motif for a nature setting. Using varying shades of green, brown, and beige with dragonfly prints is a good combination for a relaxed nature themed room. This will bring the forest to you, so to speak, with enough of a natural feel to make you feel like you are outdoors. You can enhance this effect with natural fibers, and textures in fabrics for upholstery, curtains, and accessories like pillows and throws.
When adding dragonflies to a bathroom specifically, look for wall art, shower curtains, lighting, towels, and toilet seats. You can create the look of dragonflies flitting along the wall with wall decals. And adding decorative tiles with dragonflies into your tiled areas is another way to add whimsy to the bathroom.
Dragonfly Shower Curtain
Enchantment Shower Curtain, 70-Inch by 72-InchBeautiful Dragonfly Shower CurtainModa at Home 204181 Dragonfly Fabric Shower CurtainMaytex Julia Fabric Shower CurtainWhimsical Frog Dragonfly Bathroom Shower CurtainDragonfly Lace Print Shower Curtain, Exclusive to PinklimSaturday Knight Dragonfly Fabric Shower CurtainDance of the Dragonflies Waterproof Shower Curtain,48 by 72-InchDragonfly Rustic Wood Shower Curtain Shower Hooks Are IncludedWatercolor Dragonfly Fabric Shower Curtain Free Hooks
These pretty add-ons clip onto your curtain hooks to hand outside the curtain for an extra accent. They are also available in a bronze finish if you prefer.
SB603SC Dragonfly Shower Curtain Hook Add-on
Dragonfly Facts – Did you know…
- Dragonflies have six legs
- Dragonfly eyes contain up to 30,000 separate lenses as opposed to our 1.
- They have 2 sets of wings.
- Dragonflies have been known to fly at 36 miles per hours, they can even fly backwards.
- Dragonflies lay hundreds of eggs over a few days.
- While female’s lay the eggs, the male will guard them.
- Dragonfly eggs hatch in 2-5 weeks.
- After they hatch they are called dragonfly nymphs and they live under water for their first year.
- When they do leave the water, dragonflies live for only 2-4 weeks.
- Dragonfly fossils prove they existed millions of years ago.
Plush Dragonfly Bathroom Rug – So cute!
This will look great in a kid’s bathroom and provide them with lots offun at bathtime. It has a non-skid backing for safety too so no worries there. It is acrylic so hard wearing and easy to clean.
Add a practical and pretty Dragonfly bath mat & rugs
Girls and boys decor
You want your bathmat to be colorful but you also need them to be practical. There are just a few of the pretty ones available to decorate you bathroom. They all have non-skid backings to prevent slips. They are soft and absorbent and ideal for what you want. If you don’t see your color scheme immediately, click any link to take you into Amazon to browse for more.
Caroline’s Treasures 8891CMTCozyBath Dragonfly Non-woven Fabric 23.6KESS InHouseCaroline’s Treasures 8864CMTCaroline’s Treasures 8878CMTCozyBath Dragonfly Non-woven Fabric 23.6
Blue Dragonfly Dreams Accent Floor Rug by Sweet Jojo DesignsDragonfly Morning Accent Rug, 39-Inch by 58-InchBlue Butterfly and Dragonfly 22-Inch by 34-Inch Indoor RugFlowers and Dragonflies Bath Mat From Ar
Creative Dragonfly Towels
Kids will love these dragonfly towels. Wrap them up in dragonfly wings. The towel is made of absorbent terry towelling and velour and features antennae and dragonfly embroidered on the bag. Available in blue or pink, measures about 48 inches by 36 inches. This towel even has pockets – ideal gift.
Soft Cotton Terry and Velour Dragonfly Towel
Embroidered Dragonfly Swirl Medium Blue Bath Towel SetImabari Towel Cloth Face Towel Sunset Dragonfly Orange (33×100cm)Dragonfly Embroidered White Bath & Hand Towel Set 100% Turkish CottonBath Towel Set with Embroidered Dragonflies and Lily – Beige TerryRiverbyland Pink Absorbent Cotton Towel Dragonfly Pattern Set of 3Saturday Knight Dragonfly Bath Towel
Dragonfly Bathroom Wall Decor
You can finish off the look of your new bathroom with some wall art – pick out one or two prints you really like.
This one measures around 10 x 8 inches without a frame, a bit more with one. You can choose your own style and color of frame and it will be finished for you with a wood frame and glass.
Bathe by Becca Barton Dragonfly Bathroom Décor 11.5×9.5 in Art Print
Wall decals are the easiest and newest wall decor idea. Easy to apply and just as easy to remove, you can change the entire look of your bathroom with a few wall decals.
These are easy to apply to a wall or mirror. There is an adhesive back to each. Group them together or scatter them in a pattern that suits you.
Umbra Wallflutter Wall Décor, Set of 20
More Dragonfly Facts
- Dragonflies are insect who belong to the order Odonata. Experts divide them into three sub-species: the largest true dragonflies called Anisoptera, the smaller damselfly called Zygoptera and Anisozygoptera which seems to be a combination of the first two.
- They are easily recognisable as having large eyes, small antennae, slim segmented bodies, and 4 thin membranous wing in sets of 2. In dragonflies the rear pair of wings become broader at the base. Damselfly wings are all the same size.
- Dragonfly eyes are set together close to the top of the head and they can see all around them. Damselflies eyes are situated slightly more to each side of the head.
- They can vary in size from around 1 inch to 6 inches in some species.
- So far something like 5680 different species of dragonfly have been recorded world-wide.
- Dragonfly eyes are multifaceted. This means they can see in every direction – so they sense even tiny movements – all the better for hunting prey.
- They eat mosquitoes and other pests which makes them a great addition to your garden. Some people such as the Burmese, regularly release dragonfly nymphs into local water to keep down the population of mosquitoes.
- The twin sets of wings gives the dragonflies the ability to fly in all sort of ways. They can hoover, fly fast or slow, even loop the loop. Their flying ability is one of the reasons they are so much fun to watch.